HOST A WORKSHOP!
Our fun, free, research-based relationship skills workshops are similar to many programs offered for a significant fee—but because our programs are grant-funded, we can offer them at no cost to your community organization.
To better serve our local communities, we are looking to partner with community groups who can host SMART Couples workshops in the following six counties - Alachua, Citrus, Duval, Manatee, Palm Beach, and Santa Rosa.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to offer these FREE workshops at your location where it’s easy for your community members and clients to attend.
- Our workshops are free of charge
- Our workshops provide research-based relationship skills that are proven to be effective in strengthening relationships
- Our workshops provide additional information about community resources for those who are interested
- A free light meal is provided at each of the five workshop sessions
- Those who participate in program surveys are eligible for gift cards
- Based on need, licensed childcare and transportation services may be provided to assist with class attendance
- What are the host’s responsibilities when hosting a SMART Couples workshop
We will need your assistance with marketing and recruitment to help us fill the workshop classes. All marketing materials will be provided. To be able to conduct a workshop at your venue we require a minimum of 8 couples for the ELEVATE workshop or 10 to 15 individuals for the Before You Tie the Knot workshop.
- What are the requirements to host a SMART Couples workshop?
Required to host a class:
- ADA compliant facility
- Ability to receive a strong Wi-Fi signal (SMART Couples will provide their own hotspots)
- At least 1 electrical outlet
- A room with enough tables and chairs to accommodate up to 30 participants
- Access to set up the classroom at least 2 hours before each class begins
Helpful, but not required:
- A projector
- A pull-down screen
- A Windows PC
- Can we limit the workshops to our congregation or community members?
We are expected to offer our workshops to the general public, except in cases where we are serving vulnerable populations (e.g., victims of domestic violence and those in special programs such as drug court, rehabilitation, incarceration, etc.).
Interested in hosting a workshop?
Call your local UF/IFAS Extension Office to sign up as a host today!
Palm Beach County
Santa Rosa County
Watch the overview for all our relationship education workshops: